Brentwood Cycling Charter
We, the people, businesses, organisations and schools in Brentwood want our town to be a vibrant place to work, study, thrive and do business.
We recognise that…
- Cycling has an important part to play in addressing Brentwood’s challenges of congestion, inactive lifestyles, pollution and population growth
- Cycling supports business, boosts economic productivity and contributes to the health and well-being of our workforce
- Pressure on the growing town will be relieved if more people cycle
- Increased physical activity helps ease the burden on our health and social care services.
We want Brentwood to be a town where…
- Children can cycle to school or college safely
- People can travel to work safely, directly and easily on a convenient and connected cycle network
- Our roads and public spaces prioritise people and make cycling the safe, natural choice for a large proportion of everyday journeys
- Cycling contributes to our prosperity, helps us stay healthy and keeps people and goods moving.
“Cycling is the perfect way to get around Brentwood, helping to ease the congestion and helping people reach their daily exercise targets.”
Cllr. Ray Gooding, Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, Essex County Council